About The Role
As Controller you will provide accounting expertise and controls responsibility for our organization. You will implement process improvements and operationalize accounting workflows. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and completeness of all financial or disclosure documents, and ensure that reported results comply with U.S. GAAP. Position is based in Laguna Hills, CA.
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Establish and manage accounting workflows including financial reporting, general ledger accounting, revenue operations, payroll, tax, treasury, and procurement
- Manage existing team for day-to-day transactional accounting and processing
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Own, develop, and improve internal controls, policies, and infrastructure to support business growth in partnership with CFO
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures conform to US GAAP during initial company audit
- Manage ongoing audit activities including financial, 401K, property taxes, tax, and insurance related audits.
- Drive the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Manage monthly/annual close efforts including the preparation of financial statements, standard reporting, and key metrics
- Manage order to cash processing and maintenance with business partners
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting and regulatory requirements and assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns.
Qualifications and skills:
- 7+ years of experience, with a blend of public accounting and private industry experience;
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field preferred; CPA is a plus
- Experience in a fast-growing environment, ideally in the sports, entertainment and/or digital media sectors, with a history of developing and implementing accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expert GAAP accounting and financial reporting technical skills
- Navigated multiple years of clean audits, including an initial audit and documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands on proficiency with Netsuite and modern cloud-based accounting software stack
- Advanced MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel, and Word)